HIFU Treatment Before and After Care Tips
Lately, HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound) has emerged as a popular and effective skin rejuvenation treatment. If you’ve heard about the treatment and plan to undergo it, you should adhere to some HIFU before and after care tips. It will help you undergo the treatment safely and optimize its benefits as much as possible. So, here are some HIFU treatment before and after care tips.
What is HIFU Treatment?
Earlier, skin rejuvenation and tightening required people to undergo extensive and painful surgeries. However, advancements in the field of skin care have led to several innovations. HIFU treatment is one of them, gaining fame and the trust of numerous aspirants looking to undergo a non-surgical skin treatment.
So, what’s HIFU treatment? HIFU is a painless, non-invasive, and safe anti-aging treatment.
The treatment boosts skin elasticity by fostering collagen production, reducing wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
HIFU treatment doesn’t require preparing extensively unlike other surgical skin treatments. It is a pretty straightforward treatment for the individual undergoing it. Nevertheless, it involves adhering to some instructions and precautions as the expert skin doctor would prescribe before and after the treatment.
Preparing for HIFU Treatment – Before HIFU Tips
What to do before HIFU treatment? Here’s the answer.
- Talk to an expert skin doctor to determine your suitability for HIFU treatment.
- Discuss all your questions and concerns about the treatment.
- Stay away from sun exposure.
- Use a doctor-recommended sunscreen to avoid damage.
- Adhere to the instructions given by your expert skin doctor concerning products you should use before the treatment.
- During your discussion and before undergoing the treatment, inform your doctor about any medications, supplements, or healthcare products you’ve been consuming.
Post-HIFU Treatment – What to do After HIFU Treatment?
After the treatment, the dermatologist would prescribe a range of precautions and aftercare instructions to follow. They include but might not be limited to the below.
- Stay hydrated by drinking adequate water to expedite the healing process.
- Avoid exposing the skin to the sun. If you are required to step out, protect your skin from direct sunlight with the help of doctor-recommended SPF sunscreen.
- Use gentle and non-irritating skin care products recommended by your doctor.
- Refrain from using harsh chemicals or exfoliants for a few days after the treatment.
- Use cold compression to alleviate discomfort from swelling.
- The body requires some time to increase the collagen production. So, keep patience, as results will show up gradually. Wait for them.
In addition to the above, you should remain mindful of post-treatment side effects like redness, swelling, etc. Keep the doctor informed when you begin experiencing any kind of symptoms. Usually, many symptoms subside after a few days. However, if they persist, connect with your doctor and get them treated appropriately and promptly.
HIFU is a specialized treatment that requires adhering to a set of pre- and post-treatment instructions. Accordingly, we hope the above gave you an overview of the instructions to follow. Visit Reborn Clinic and receive specific guidance about the treatment in your case. Click to explore more about our HIFU treatment and connect with any of our branches in Pune (Karve Road, Koregaon Park, and Baner) or Jaipur to book an appointment with our experienced and expert skin doctors.