What to Expect During HIFU Treatment?
Are you looking to undergo HIFU treatment but wondering what will happen before, during, and after it? While it is necessary for you to discuss this in-person with your expert skin doctor, this can serve as a base guideline for your discussion.
What is HIFU Treatment?
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is a non-invasive and non-surgical procedure that helps tighten the skin, make it firm, and enhance its texture. The treatment fosters the production of collagen, which leads to the desired outcomes.
HIFU Treatment – What to Expect?
HIFU treatment potentially begins with initial consultation and preparation for the procedure, followed by the actual treatment and aftercare.
Before the Treatment
Here’s what to expect before HIFU treatment.
- The initial consultation involves discussing the procedure’s benefits, risks, pre-treatment, and aftercare aspects.
- The doctor prescribes pre-treatment guidelines like abstaining from taking certain medications, depending on the treatment type.
During the Treatment (Facial Rejuvenation)
The process generally involves the following steps.
- You will sit or lie down comfortably.
- The doctors will clean the facial area and apply a gel.
- A handheld device will be used to emit ultrasound waves in short bursts.
- The session lasts 30-90 minutes.
- During the process, the doctor monitors the process and adjusts the device.
After the Treatment
Some post-treatment aspects would include the following.
- You might feel mild discomfort, swelling, or redness in the targeted region.
- The doctor will prescribe cold compresses or pain relief medications.
- Depending on the treatment type, follow-up appointments will be scheduled to monitor the progress and evaluate the procedure’s effectiveness.
Treatment Duration and Recovery
The treatment’s duration usually depends on the area under treatment. However, generally, it can take from a few minutes to a few hours for the treatment to complete. As for the recovery duration, HIFU is popular for its minimal recovery time. Thus, you can resume your daily activities after the treatment. However, adhering to the aftercare instructions is imperative to maintain the treatment’s effectiveness.
HIFU treatment is considered safe and usually delivers excellent results. Nevertheless, you should discuss every aspect of the treatment comprehensively, take your time and then decide whether to go for it, depending on its suitability. If you are not a suitable candidate for the treatment, you will be guided by the experts accordingly.
Know Everything About HIFU Treatment at Reborn!
If undergoing HIFU treatment is on your mind,do visit the Reborn skin and hair Clinic to know every essential aspect associated with it. While assessing your suitability and the type of treatment appropriate for you, our expert skin doctors will also answer all your questions about the treatment to help you make an informed decision. Our consultation includes skin assessment along with prescribing aftercare treatment and instructions to maintain the treatment’s effectiveness and mitigate its risks.
Click to learn more about our HIFU treatment and connect with us to book an appointment at any of the clinics in Pune, including Koregaon Park, Karve Road, and Baner, or in Jaipur (Bapu nagar) and nearby areas. We look forward to receiving you at our clinic and to help rejuvenate your skin.