Medi-Facial FAQs: Things to Know Before Your First Appointment
Are you about to undergo a medi-facial for the first time? Right from knowing what it is a medi-facial to understanding the aftercare aspects of the beauty facial treatment, here are some frequently asked questions and their answers to help you get going.
- What is a Medi-Facial Treatment?
- How is a medi-facial treatment performed?
The process varies with the type of medi-facial you undergo. However, generally, you can expect exfoliation, cleansing, hydration, and moisturization.
- What are the benefits of a medi-facial treatment?
Within 48-72 hours of the treatment, your skin will start feeling healthy and hydrated. In 30-45 days, cell regeneration will trigger long-term benefits. Some benefits of undergoing a medi-facial treatment include the following.
- Moisturized and smoother and tighter skin
- Reduced aging signs
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits
- Soft, supple and exfoliated skin
- No post-treatment downtime
- How many medi-facial sessions do I require?
- Does medi-facial have any side effects?
- Can I undergo a medi-facial treatment during pregnancy or while suffering from certain health conditions?
- Does the beauty facial treatment have any post-procedure downtime?
- What are the various do’s and don’ts after a medi-facial?
- Using gentle products
- Getting face treatments before the facial and not after that
- Staying hydrated
- Using a pH-balancing cleanser
- Cleaning everything touching your face
- Leaving the pimples alone
- Going out in the sun
- Wearing make-up
- Who can perform a medi-facial treatment?
Medi-facial is a painless and non-invasive beauty facial treatment performed under the supervision of a dermatologist targeting specific skin concerns. Unlike salon facials comprising chemical bleaching, medi-facials include using antioxidants, vitamins, and alpha hydroxy acids.
For those who’ve adopted a facial regimen, a facial once a month can help deliver optimal results. However, the frequency will be higher if you are a beginner. For instance, as a novice, you can receive three to four facials a week initially and then after every 12-15 days based on the dermatologist’s prescription.
The side effects are rare. However, they may vary with the individual and the type of medi-facial performed. Some people may suffer from redness after the treatment. Yet, you should consult the treatment’s suitability in your case to be double sure and safe.
You may undergo a medi-facial treatment even during pregnancy and lactation. Nevertheless, you should discuss and determine its suitability in your case to avoid potential complications. Besides, you should also inform the doctor about pre-existing allergies or sensitivities to keep problems at bay.
A medi-facial requires a few minutes to complete and does not have any downtime or require a recovery period. You should feel fresh and be able to resume regular activities after the treatment.
Your dermatologist will discuss the various do’s and don’ts after a medi-facial specific to your case. However, some generic ones may include the following.
You should get a medi-facial treatment done through only a qualified, experienced, and certified dermatologist.
We hope the above answered at least some of the questions you might have had in your mind. For more insights and answers to your specific questions, book a consultation appointment with Reborn. With over 1500 satisfied people who’ve undergone medi-facials, we perform medi-facial treatments like hydra facial, oxygen facial, vampire facial, oxygen facial, microcurrent facial, and chemical peel safely and effectively. Click to connect with any of our three branches in Koregaon Park, Karve Road, or Baner.